Tuesday, August 26

Cover Letter Part 1, or How to Bullshit to Get a Job

With this one, I got a pretty good interview in (the guy rolled in on a Segway, I shit you not) but blew the second interview.

To Whom It May Concern:

If technology were a religion, I'd be wholly devoted. If you take a look at my living space, it would almost seem like I already am. Every night I stand before a shrine of charging electronics, where plugging in my cellphone, BlackBerry, MP3 player, and digital camera is like lighting candles; I read Engadget and TechCrunch RSS feeds multiple times daily as if they were each a gospel in the bible. This is why I was very, very excited to see your ad in Craigslist-- finally, a chance to work around what I am already so engrossed in.

I previously worked in sales at a company that was held together by email. I was enthralled to have my own workstation and BlackBerry, and used each to their full potential to maintain an efficient workflow. Also being in sales helped me work directly with both management and clients, where I learned to fulfill the needs of both parties successfully.

It would be great to receive a reply and possibly set up an interview. My resume and references are in plain text following this cover letter-- please let me know if you'd like it in a different format. Thank you for taking the time to read through this-- if I'm not what you're looking for, hopefully you found some humor in this anyway.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Rebecca Flores

1 comments:

Alan Price said...

"if technology was a religion, i'd be fully committed."
yesh.